Fitfortravel is a free, interactive, public access website providing up to date health information for the UK public on avoiding illness and staying healthy when travelling abroad.
- Country specific information on health risks, vaccine requirements and malaria risk are listed to enable the public to determine if they need to take additional measures to maintain health during travel.
- Where vaccinations, antimalarial tablets or additional measures are required, travellers should attend a pre-travel risk assessment to discuss travel-associated risk management with their GP, practice nurse or private healthcare provider.
- Fitfortravel also provides a range of general travel health and disease prevention advice pages to enable the public to maintain health.
- Fitfortravel is continually updated with relevant travel health news and information regarding outbreaks of disease.
Fitfortravel is maintained by the Travel and International Health Team of Health Protection Scotland (HPS). This team also produces fitfortravel’s sister site Travax®. Travax® is designed for use exclusively by health care practitioners throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland when providing country specific advice for travellers, and has an additional level of detail.
Health professionals should therefore use Travax® rather than fitfortravel.
- Healthcare practitioners can register online: Travax®
Aim of Health Protection Scotland
"To work, in partnership with others, to protect the Scottish public from being exposed to hazards which damage their health and to limit any impact on health when such exposures cannot be avoided"
- Visit the Health Protection Scotland website.