World Pride is a global lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) festival to be held in Madrid from 23 June to 2 July 2017.
Advice for Travellers
Prior to attending World Pride:
- Seek advice from a healthcare practitioner about routine vaccination and boosters.
- Be aware of an ongoing outbreak of hepatitis A in Europe affecting men who have sex with men (MSM).
- Seek advice on prevention of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and safer sex. MSM in particular should check their hepatitis B vaccination status.
During World Pride:
- Take food and water precuations and excercise care with general hygiene and hand hygiene practices.
- Practice safer sex and use condoms; avoid faecal-oral exposure during sexual activity.
On Return from World Pride:
- Contact healthcare practitioner if experiencing any symptoms of infection or illness.
- If unprotected sexual activity has occurred seek follow up advice and screening.
Further advice for LGBT travelers can be accessed via this link: LGBT Traveller Advice