The outbreak of chikungunya virus infection in various Caribbean islands is ongoing but stable in St Martin and St Barthelemy and decreasing in Martinique.
- Saint Barthelemy (St Barts), 480 suspected, 135 confirmed/probable cases
- Saint Martin, 3030 suspected, 793 confirmed/probable cases
- Sint Maarten, 123 confirmed cases
- Martinique, 17 630 suspected, 1515 confirmed/probable cases
- Guadeloupe, 6000 suspected, 1328 confirmed/probable cases
- French Guiana, 36 confirmed/probable cases.
- British Virgin Islands, 9 cases.
- Dominica, 1252 suspected cases, 105 confirmed cases
- Anguilla, 33 confirmed cases
- Aruba, one confirmed case.
- St Kitts and Nevis, one confirmed case.
- St Lucia, one confirmed case.
- St Vincent and the Grenadines, 24 suspected cases, 3 confirmed cases.
Advice for Travellers
Avoidance of mosquito bites, particularly during daylight hours, by covering up with clothing, the use of bite avoidance measures such as repellent and bed nets is advised. Elimination of breeding sites around hotel rooms/houses is advised for longer term stays.